In the Diocese of Kilmore Elphin and Ardagh we have set a 20/20 Vision of what we should be like in the next five years to 2020:
- Each local church should be a community which nourishes growth through worship, the Scriptures and prayer.
- Each local church should be welcoming, caring and generous in raising and resourcing ministry and mission.
- Each local church should be a place were ministry and mission is for all: clerical and lay, young and old. People should be trusted and trained for service within and outside the church.
- Each local church should be world looking, visible and active in the community and beyond.
- Each local church should be connected in prayer and partnership with each other and the worldwide church.
- Each local church should prioritize children, from pre-school to third level, passing on the faith to successive generations.
- Diocesan administration and structures should be relevant, accountable, representative and supportive of the local church. Diocesan resources should be released to this end.